Join a DWJ study trip to Israel!
Why join DWJ on a trip to Israel to study about Jesus?
A Distinctive Learning Environment: This will be a deliberate and thorough study trip. Special teaching elements--regular preview and review sessions, DWJ instructors/guides who are students of the land and of the history and culture of Israel, study manuals to enhance the impact of the various regions and sites--are designed to insure that each traveler learns the land. This unique aspect not only guarantees a new knowlege of the place where God interacted in history, but solidifies a life-long appreciation of the biblical stories.
A Delightful Adventure: Explore the ruins of a crusader castle high above Casearea-Philippi; push through the tunnel dug 2700 years ago by King Hezekiah to protect the city of Jerusalem (pictured above); scramble down a cliff overlooking the plain of Genesarret; make your way along the ancient retaining wall that reshaped the temple mount; climb the narrow snake path to Herod’s palace fortress atop Masada in the Judean Wilderness. This trip will be punctuated with hikes and special activities of this sort, available to all who are interested!
A Devotional Experience: With all of the focus on learning the history, geography and terrain of the land, we will take the time to ponder what God has to teach us through the biblical narratives we are considering and the biblical personalities we are remembering. God has spoken to mankind, first of all in event-revelation (breaking into human history) and then through word-revelation (as recorded today in Scripture). As we trace many of those “mighty acts” of God in history—events which we will consider at the very place they occurred—the truth of who God is and what He has done will impact you in a way which will stir your soul and change your life.
Places you will experience:
- Walk on the Temple mount where Jesus spent time teaching and confronting the Pharisees
- Visit Bethlehem and the hills where the angels announced the birth of Jesus to the shepherds
- Take a boat ride on the sea of Galilee where Jesus walked on water
- Visit Capernaum where Jesus had his ministry headquarters and taught in the synagogue
- Walk on the shoreline of Galilee where Jesus fed the 5000 and talked to Peter after his resurrection
- Explore Masada, the last outpost of the Jewish rebellion
- Swim in the Dead Sea, the lowest place on earth
- See the ruins of Jericho where the walls fell out and where Jesus met Nicodemus
- Visit the caves at Qumran where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found
- Walk through Hezekiah's tunnel--1750 feet through solid stone
- Drink from the streams at En Gedi where King David hid from Saul
- Investigate the pool of Siloam where the blind man was healed
- Sit on Mount Carmel where Elijah challenged the prophets of Baal
- Stroll in the stream where David picked up stones to kill Goliath
- Visit the places in Jerusalem that remember the last supper, the crucifixion and the empty tomb
All these places and more will be part of your journey on a Days With Jesus trip! Want more info? Sign up to be on our interest list for future trips on our Contact Us page.
To protect the impact of the study/teaching element of the trip only the first 40 deposits will be accepted for the trip. After this a wait list will be created.
View the full 2013 trip itinerary here Days_with_Jesus_-_Sept-Oct_2014.doc
A Days With Jesus trip to Israel is more than a vacation, it's a life-changing experience!
Posted on Tue, November 1, 2011
by Jim Jackson filed under